[Elist] "TOO BROKE FOR STURGIS" event cancelled

John Del Santo mcbwaycool at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 11:36:01 PDT 2011

The motorcyclist event "Too Broke for Sturgis", has been shut down by the promoters of the event. ABATE of Arizona has shut down the event out of respect for those so tragically killed.
This appears to be the result of a domestic dispute and had nothing to do with the motorcyclist group (ABATE) that put on the event.
I just spoke with Jim Page of ABATE and he told me that"if you know anyone heading up this way today not to come as "Too Broke for Sturgis" is shutting down".
Jim also asked for Prayers for those that were killed and injured and their families also.

On Behalf of ABATE of Arizona, I would like to send our deepest condolences to the victims and the victims' families and friends involved in the tragic chain of events this past weekend. We will hold them in our thoughts and prayers. This was a tragic but isolated incident that has profoundly affected us all. I would like to thank everyone for their help and cooperation during this trying time. We will continue to cooperate with law enforcement during this investigation.
With much respect,
Margie Ferrucci
State President
ABATE of Arizona