[Elist] Local 6 Report for March

John Del Santo mcbwaycool at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 22:17:09 PST 2011

MARCH 2011  LOCAL 6 REPORT

     It was a great meetilng overlooking beautiful Mission Bay in San Diego.  There was a great crowd of members and visitors there.  Our new President, Steve Martin did a great job of running an interesting and fast moving meeting.  We had reports from our Officers and then discussed legislative and judicial news, includilng Assemblyman Norby's AB695. We passed out slips of paper with "Find your Legislature" links and links to all Assembly members.   Our Webmaster, Joe Tatro said he is going to put a similar link into our Local 6 Website,   abatelocal6,org  so that folks can go right to the website and be connected to their Legislators.  At the request of member Beata,  Our Webbie installed a "classified secton" on our website so that MEMBERS can post things that they need or want to sell.
       About a dozen members of Local 11 were there,  and presented a beautiful plaque to John Del Santo for his past and continuing work for Motorcyclist Rights. One item that we discussed was in event someone gets a red-light-camera ticket, Don't just roll over and pay it...because they are being knocked down in Appelate Court.  A red light ticket is up to $436.  This subject is tiltled "What Part of STOP don't you Understand ?
       Our PAC REP Douglas Findlay gave a fine report.  He encouraged all members to contact their Assemblypersons, urge them to vote in favor of AB695,  ask them what their feelings are towards the Bill,  and then report back To Douglas so that we and Jim Lombardo  know who needs to be persuaded. John gave a Safety Report regarding the type of hazards involving sharing the road with amateurs driving u-rent-um moving-trucks.  Our Events Coordinator, Moe Giacalone discussed our upcoming  2nd annual "Local 6 Spaghetti Dinner"..   Will there be another Halloween Poker Run this year ?  Don't know yet, but we will keep you all informed.
       All known coming events were read (you can also find them on our website abatelocal6.org)  Our Liasions with other groups made their reports.  We're going to have to inquire about a Liasion report from the American Legion Riders, as more and more of our members are now riding with them. .
       We meet at Kate Sessions Park in the Pacific Beach part of San Diego on the first Sunday of each month at NOON.    C'mon Down !

John Del Santo
( 619 ) 223-0421

http://www.attractworldpeace.com/