[Elist] Fw: local 6 report for May 2011

John Del Santo mcbwaycool at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 16:54:18 PDT 2011

What a great month we had !  Reading our membership roster was a pleasure.....we have renewals, a large amount of members are listed as "life members", and we have a bunch of Business Members, including Jim Brown who bought three of them !  Our meeting this month was full of good information,  and it was another sunny day overlooking beautiful Mission Bay.  Jim Brown bought out our supply of ABATE vest pins, and put them all in the pot for the 50/50 drawing....Snowman won the 50/50 and donated the bucks back to the local 6 treasury.  We discussed legislative and judicial matters and Tim Clark, Prez of local 11 wanted to make a bet with us that his local would have a bigger showing at the regional rally than our local would.  He won that bet last year.  Our PAC Rep Douglas Findlay was invited to speak in Oregon next weekend at their big rally at the capitol.  To our members who did not make the meeting.....you missed a good one !  We missed you
 and hope to see you next month.   Our monthly meetings happen at Kate Sessions Park in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego on the first Sunday of each month at Noon......C'mon Down !