[ABATE Local 6 Elist] ABATE Local 6 Meeting - November 1, 2015

Nancy Nemecek nemecek at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 28 11:00:25 PDT 2015

     MEETING NOTICE

WHEN:      Sunday, November 1, 2015        TIME:  12:00 noon

WHERE:    Kate Sessions Park - Pacific Beach

HAPPY HALLOWEEN . hope you get lots of candy!

We're getting close to the end of the year so please come out and hear the
latest about Motorcycle Rights!

Have you bought your "Truck Load of Party Goods Raffle tickets yet?  This is
an ABATE Local 6 fundraiser, and the first prize is a $200 gift card PLUS a
truck load of party goods for a huge party (lots of food, drinks,
snacks.amazing).  This is a really cool raffle and we have tickets available
for you to buy AND sell.  The drawing will be held in May.

For the meeting, here's our standard subjects that will be covered this
month:

.         General Business

.         Treasury Report

*	Membership
*	Legislative and Judicial Updates

.         Phone Tree and E-Mail Alerts

.         Merchandise

.         Safety Report

*	Runs and Events

.         Political / PAC / Judicial

.         Webmaster

.         Old Business

.         New Business

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING.  As we mentioned last month, Adam Lutz will be
on the ABATE Board next year.  The three San Diego County board members and
member elect, headed to Fresno for the meeting this month.  Well, they
cancelled it because they said members couldn't get there.  San Diego DID!
The meeting will be rescheduled.

ABATE END OF SUMMER MOTORCYCLE AWARENESS PARTY.  We had the party last
Saturday.  Thank you Monica for all  your hard work putting this event
together and working so hard at the event.  The attendance was less than
expected, but we'd like to thank everyone who showed up and who helped.  We
appreciate that many of the San Diego COC clubs came to support us. A
special thanks to Monica, Patty, Joe, Adam, Mo, Chop, and JoAnne for
spending the whole time working the event.you rock!   Snowman and Michael
Byrd cooked the hamburgers and hot dogs plus Robyn Byrd took a zillion
pictures.thank you all. The band was super, nice raffle and 50-50, good
food, excellent insurance and motorcycle rights messages, and most of all a
great time had by all who came to support ABATE Local 6.

WEBPAGE AND FACEBOOK REMINDER.  Don't forget to check out our ABATE Local 6
webpage and Facebook page periodically.  Joe does a great job of keeping
things up to date.  Also if you have something to add, just get in touch
with Joe for the webpage and/or go to the Facebook page and add your
comments.  Here's some links to our stuff:

Facebook page:           <https://www.facebook.com/abatelocal6?fref=ts>
https://www.facebook.com/abatelocal6?fref=ts

Webpage:                    <http://www.abatelocal6.org/index.html>
http://www.abatelocal6.org/index.html

RUNS AND EVENTS.  Here's what's happening in November and December:

.         ABATE Local 11 Meeting - November 8 - Escondido Moose Lodge, 25721
Jesmond Dene Road, Escondido - 11 a.m.

.         ABATE Local 38 Imperial Valley Turkey Run- November 21 - El Centro
Walmart

.         San Diego Toy Run - November 29 - Save the date - details to come

.         VA Hospital Visit - December 13 - Save the date -- Veteran's
Hospital...details to come

As always the Final Option will a breakfast at Sweetwater Harley just before
our meeting this month.  Howie always invites everyone down to have
breakfast first and then ride up to Kate Sessions for our meeting.

Don't forget, if you have any subjects or topics you'd like discussed,
please email me at  <mailto:nemecek at san.rr.com> nemecek at san.rr.com and let
me know what you'd like covered.  We'll do our best.

Another important reminder.please remember to let us know if you change
membership information . address, telephone, email, etc.  Send the updates
also to  <mailto:nemecek at san.rr.com> nemecek at san.rr.com.

Thanks,

Nancy Nemecek

Vice President - Local 6