[ABATE Local 6 Elist] Urgent! Anti-Profiling CALL TO ACTION!

Nancy Nemecek nemecek at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 13:29:19 PDT 2018

The time is NOW!  Please read the information below and do your part to help
stop Motorcyclist Profiling in California.  It is fairly self-explanatory,
but if you have questions, we can help . contact
<mailto:antiprofilingbill at abate.org> antiprofilingbill at abate.org.  There are
two attachments:  (1) Call to Action and (2) Committee on Public Safety.
Please note that you can click on "Contact Assembly Member (their name)" to
use the fill-in email form to send a message to each PS Committee member.
Faxes and letters are actually better, but an email or phone call also is
valuable.

IMPORTANT:  District 80 is in San Diego County.  Assemblyperson Lorena S.
Gonzalez Fletcher is the representative and is on the Committee on Public
Safety.  Please make sure to contact her, especially if you are a
constituent!

As many of you know, the Violators MC event this weekend was cancelled.
Why?  The original event place was harassed by law enforcement and moved.
The second place was also harassed by law enforcement and ultimately the
event cancelled.  This cannot go on!  If you are not part of the solution
then you are part of the problem . yep, a bit harsh, but a reality.  The
time is NOW!

Nancy "Buzzz" Nemecek

California Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Committee

V.P. - ABATE Local 6

California Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Coalition

March 22, 2018

Re:       Very important 2nd Call To Action!

Hello everyone!

We have a very important new Call To Action and we really need your help!
Our Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling bill is now headed for the Committee on
Public Safety.  This bill will be heard as early as next we so we need
action now!  We need all of you to contact each member of the Committee on
Public Safety and ask them to support our Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling bill -
AB 2972.  I have attached a list of the committee members and their contact
information.

We have learned that a written or faxed copy of your letter to them is the
best way to ensure that your letter gets read and notated.  However, emails
work also, just not as well as written or faxed copies, but whatever way you
contact them, just please do it!  The attached copy of committee member
contact information does not contain the fax numbers for the members.  If
you have a fax machine and desire to fax your support letter to the
committee members, here are their fax numbers.  If you do not have a fax
machine, any and all contact is still needed from you and as many of your
friends as you can get to help with this extremely important call to action!

Reginald Byron Jones-Sawyer, Sr - Chairman - (916) 319-2159

Tom Lackey - Vice-Chairman (916) 319-2136

Wendy Carrillo - (916) 319-2151

Lorena S. Gonzalez Fletcher - (916) 319-2180

Kevin Kiley - (916) 319-2106

Bill Quirk - (916) 319-2120

Miguel Santiago - (916) 319-2153

Also, if you have not yet contacted your Assembly member to support this
bill - AB 2972, please do so now while you are contacting the members of the
Committee on Public Safety.

We have also attached a complete set of instructions and all of the talking
points.  The attachment makes it very simple for you to help us (and help
yourself).  Please open the attachment and read it thoroughly.  Then follow
the instructions in the attachment.  That is all there is to it.  And please
share this email and attachment with everyone you know.

IMPORTANT: If you hear back from any member of the Committee For Public
Safety or your Assembly member - good or bad - please let us know at
<mailto:antiprofilinglaw at abate.org> antiprofilinglaw at abate.org.  If you have
any problems or questions, please contact us at
<mailto:antiprofilingbill at abate.org> antiprofilingbill at abate.org and
somebody will get back to you within 24 hours.

Thank you for your help,

Nick Benson Sr / Member

California Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Committee