[ABATE Local 6 Elist] CRUNCH TIME ... ANTI-PROFILING CALL TO ACTION 05 15 2018

Nancy Nemecek nemecek at san.rr.com
Thu May 24 14:29:04 PDT 2018

This is crunch time everyone!  The bill should be heard in the Assembly next
week, and we still need your help contacting ALL the legislators on the
attached list.  Telephone calls are probably the best at this point . speak
to staff, leave a message . both help.  An email is great, too.  The message
below was sent on May 15th and the information has not changed.  Please do
your part and also pass this on to all your motorcycle friends, friends, and
family.

Thanks, Nancy

Sent on May 15 .

AB2972 is going back to the Assembly for reconsideration very soon.  Please
read the CTA below and help by making calls or doing emails to the members
on the list.  We still need votes to get this out of the Assembly.

Don't forget if you are in Assemblymember Brian Maienschein's District 77
(R) in San Diego County, please be sure to contact him as a constituent.  He
is on the "Did not Vote" list and we need his vote.   Even if you're not in
his district, contact him please.

Email:
https://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/ContactPopup.php?district=AD77
<https://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/ContactPopup.php?district=AD77&
inframe=Y> &inframe=Y   Just add your message.

If you prefer to call him, here's his numbers:

Capitol Office:   State Capitol, Sacramento, CA 94249 | 916-319-2077

District Office: 12396 World Trade Drive, Suite #118, San Diego, CA 92128 |
858-675-00

Thank you,

Nancy "Buzzz" Nemecek

CA Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Committee

California Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Coalition

May 15, 2018

Hello friends:

AB 2972 will be heard in "reconsideration" in less than two weeks!  You can
help in either / or / and three ways!  We desperately need your help to act
on either / or / and these methods;

1.	Call the 29 Assembly members on the attached flyer and ask them to
please support AB 2972 - the Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Bill.
2.	Email the 29 Assembly members on the attached flyer and ask them to
please support AB 2972 - the Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Bill.
3.	Show up on the Capitol steps on May 17th at 8:30am and help us
convince these 29 Assembly members to vote YES on AB 2972.

These calls or emails do not have to be elaborate or hard!  Simply call or
email and respectfully ask the staff member who answers the phone to please
let the Assembly member know that you request for him / her to support AB
2972.  That is all there is to it!

I have attached a list of 29 legislators that abstained from voting on our
April 10th hearing of our Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling bill.  Our committee
feels that these are the critical legislators to try and get them to vote
for our bill.  Their contact information is on the attached sheet.  Please
do not put this off!  Even on the weekend you can leave a message on their
answering machines or email them.  Do not let a simple phone call or email
stop you from protecting YOUR right to ride hassle free!

If your Assembly member is not on this list contact them also.  You can find
your Assembly member at www.findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
<http://www.findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov>

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us immediately at
antiprofilingbill at abate.org <mailto:antiprofilingbill at abate.org>

Please share this email and the attachment with everyone you know!

Thank you!

Nick Benson Sr / Member

California Motorcyclist Anti-Profiling Committee