[ABATE Local 6 Elist] Urgent Request for Letters to Governor Brown (from Nick Benson)

Nancy Nemecek nemecek at san.rr.com
Fri Aug 5 10:29:00 PDT 2016

August 4, 2016

Hello ABATE member!

Today AB51 (the lane sharing bill) passed out of the Assembly 69-0!  It is now headed to Governor Brown’s desk.  Governor Brown has 12 days (including weekends) to sign or veto the bill.  We have an urgent request for all of our members to send emails and / or letters of support for AB 51 (Lane Sharing) to Governor Brown.

Letters and emails can be very basic and to the point.  No need for a long letter.  Just ask Governor Brown to please sign the bill and indicate your support for AB-51.   I have attached a sample letter as a guideline only, your letter or email does NOT have to be this lengthy, just a simple “please sign AB-51 into law”.  Address your emails and letters to:

The Honorable Edmund G. Brown, Jr.

Governor, State of California

State Capitol, First Floor

Sacramento, CA  95814

Snail mail should have a cc on the envelope to Mike Martinez as shown on the sample letter.  Emails should be sent to:  leg.unit at gov.ca.gov <mailto:leg.unit at gov.ca.gov>     We are hoping to have all letters and emails to Governor Brown by August 10th.  Please do not put this off.

Please do NOT respond directly to this email, it is NOT monitored for incoming messages.  Please DO contact us at nick.benson at abate.org <mailto:nick.benson at abate.org>  or carol at abate.org <mailto:carol at abate.org>  for questions or information.

Thank you for being an ABATE member!

Nick Benson Sr

Assistant Legislative Director

ABATE of California, INC

10240 7th AVENUE

HESPERIA, CA  92345-2631

Phone: 760.956.1669 <tel:760.956.1669>  / Fax 760.956.6519 <tel:760.956.6519>

http://www.abate.org